Friday, December 5, 2008

URGHHH!

What a frustrating doctor's visit I had yesterday! First, I step on the scale only to find out that I've gained 8 pounds since my last visit (only 4 weeks ago). I winced slightly and felt my cheeks turn hot and red. Then the doctor made a snide comment about it..."wow, looks like you had a big weight gain this time!" Like I hadn't noticed...thanks for reminding me. Then the baby was very uncooperative during the ultrasound. It was "pretending" to sleep all curled up with its legs tucked under and wouldn't budge. When the doctor tried to push around on my stomach to get it to move, it kicked at him. Nice. I already have a stubborn, fiesty child. I bet it will have red hair!

So, I am going back in bright and early in the morning on December 23rd to have another look and I am NOT leaving the office until I know what it is. My sister is waiting to unload tubs of boy clothes on me at Christmas if it's a boy. Wish me luck...I'm going to need it.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Hayley did the same thing for her ultrasound so I never found out what the sex was :( I had to wait until I had her. That was frustrating. Hopefully your little guy or girl will be more awake next time. I heard drinking lots of water before your ultrasound helps. Wish I would've known that. Good luck!