Thursday, April 30, 2009

Welcome, Baby Beckem!




Well, after all the waiting and preparation he's finally here! Meet Ryan Beckem Moorefield. He was born on Sunday, April 26th at 6:03 pm. He weighed 6 lbs 7oz and was 19 inches long. My water broke that morning at 5:30 but I didn't have contractions. So at 10:30am they started me on pitocin (sp?) and I finally started into labor. At 5:20pm I was still only dilated to a 6, but then I went from a 6 to a 10 in 30 minutes! After 13 minutes of pushing, he came out! Can I just tell you how weird it was to hold him, knowing he was just inside of me? It was a little overwhelming and Ryan and I were both crying. What a special moment! Here he is at home doing his favorite thing... sleeping in his bassinet under the window soaking up some sun.

4 comments:

Jacie said...

Congratulations guys!

Kristin said...

Sarah! he is adorable! congratulations!

Adrianna and Paul said...

How did he end up so cute?!...J/K
I can't believe how small he is.

glo said...

Congratulations! He's beautiful!